This is another 2016 round-up entry but this entry is more focused on travel. I also realized that I have been really quiet in keeping up to date with my travel blogging. I don’t have a personal Facebook or Instagram account and I have steered clear (for the most part) sharing anything remotely personal on Twitter. In this case, I’m just going to do a round-up post over the past 1.5 years.
Below is a notable list of trips since I moved to Canada (May 2015 to October 2016):
- New York 1 – for the 2016 fashion week and to catch up with my sister
- New York 2 – art fairs
- New York 3 – even more art fairs
- Boston, Mass – for a conference at MIT
- Miami, Florida – checking out the art scene, bought a bit of the local art
- Las Vegas, Nevada – for a conference
- Seattle, Washington – for a conference
- Somewhere in Washington state – for the 4th of July celebrations!
- Waikiki, Hawaii – week-long holiday
- Vancouver, British Columbia – lived here for a short while
- Toronto, Ontario – lived here for just over a year
- Kelowna and Okanagan Valley, British Columbia – checking out the wine region
- Sun Peaks, British Columbia – holiday
- Niagara, Ontario – the falls!
- Wasaga Lake and Simcoe County, Ontario – first time I’ve encountered the great Ontario lakes! And yes there is a beach on this massive lake.
- Stratford, Ontario – went for a Shakespeare festival and their high street/downtown core reminds me so much of the town that I grew up in!
- St John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador – all day layover
- Dublin, Ireland – helloooooo Europe!
I didn’t go to the other main Canadian cities (Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City) since I have already visited in my first great Canadian trip of 2010-2011.
I was also going to visit Chicago for an art fair and even had my accommodation (not flights) booked, but decided against it.
In the end, it has been an interesting time. I wish that I was able to experience more of the Canadian lake areas during the spring and summer. Cottages are a pretty big deal in Canada!
Another activity that I didn’t do was anything to do with snow like skiing. The last time was in Whistler several years ago and honestly, I haven’t looked back since then.